I receive — Failed to register: error code 3000 – “no valid ‘aps-environment’ entitlement string found for application”
Recreate your mobileprovisioning profile in Apple Developers Portal
Please note that wildcard mobileprovisioning profiles does not work with push notifications.
I forgot my password or username
To reset your password or to retrieve your username please do the following:
- Enter your account email address on the “forgot password” page (https://cp.pushwoosh.com/forgot) and check your email for future instructions.
- Please follow the link you receive to reset the password for your account and choose a new password.
Invalid username and password
Where can I find Pushwoosh SDK ?
Is Pushwoosh a free service?
I have canceled my premium account. Can I reinstate the recurring payment?
- You can wait till the end of your existing premium account subscription and resubscribe.
- You can resubscribe immediately. The system will add another month to your existing subscription days left.
iOS certificate problems. Failed to connect to APNS
This error means that the APS certificate you have uploaded is not valid and Apple rejects the connection to their servers.
The possible reasons are:
- You are using wrong gateway. For example you are trying to connect to Production gateway with the certificates from Sandbox.
- The private key is incorrect or does not match the certificate. Please make sure you export the private key from your Push Notification certificate, not your Developer certificate.
- The certificate is not valid or expired. Just get the new one from the iOS developers portal!
Premium account gives you access to the “automatic certificate provisioning” feature. It was designed with the idea to help to avoid all these issues and simplify the iOS configuration steps for the developers. Check it out, it really rocks!
Different numbers of subscribers before and after sending push message
The system removes the devices after sending push notifications message as soon as Push Notifications Provider rejects the push notification token.
This could happen for two reasons:
- The device token became invalid – the application was removed from the phone
- The token was sent to the wrong gateway. For instance application is in the AppStore and the gateway has not been updated from Sandbox to Production.
I have lost all my subscribers!
Customized message to the single device or set of devices
Push messages for HTML 5 apps
I don’t see my platform in the list of the platforms supported
Do you support Unity 3D platform?
Can your system handle millions of push notifications?
How can I delete scheduled Push Message?
Can I get a trial for your Premium Account?
Is there a limit to the number of pushes I can send?
Can I transfer my current user tokens from another service to Pushwoosh?
Is there a limit for the number of users (device tokens) I can have?
iOS Push Notifications not working
- Open your mobileprovisioning profile and make sure it contains “aps-environment” string in it. If not – recreate the mobileprovisioning profile in Apple Developer Center. Make sure “aps-environment” value matches the gateway you use. Sandbox for “development” and Production for “production” values.
- If you use Ad-Hoc make sure you use the Production push certificate
- Make sure you remove all stale profiles during development on the device or the device might not request a new token for push notifications properly