Pushwoosh now supports Huawei Mobile Services so you can reach a broader audience of Android users. Set up a Pushwoosh out-of-the-box integration with HMS and get access to 400+ million active mobile users.
Huawei is one of the largest telecommunication companies in the world. By the end of 2019, Huawei was expected to become the world’s largest smartphone manufacturer and seller. That year, the company put a lot of effort into developing their own OS ecosystem and expanding developers' capability within it.
In 2020, Huawei withdrew Google Play Services from their new phones (including P40 and the Honor 9X) and replaced it with competitive Huawei Mobile Services.
Now, to send cloud messages to Huawei’s HarmonyOS users, you need to integrate HMS Core Push Kit. In Pushwoosh SDK, you can do it automatically with a new module. All you need to complete the integration is to follow these simple steps:
1. Create a Pushwoosh Account, if you don’t have it yet.
2. Set up your Huawei Developer Account.
3. Register your app as a new project in Huawei's AppGallery Connect.
4. When done, Copy App ID and App secret values from your project settings.
5. Paste the App ID and App secret into the corresponding fields in Pushwoosh Huawei Configuration menu.